- Open the Start menu by clicking on the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Click on the Settings icon (shaped like a gear) in the Start menu. This will open the windows Settings app.
- In the Windows Settings app, click on the "Apps" option.
- In the left sidebar, click on the "Default apps" option. This will show you the default apps settings.
- Scroll down to find the different categories of default apps such as "Email", "Web browser", "Music player", and so on.
- Click on the category for which you want to change the default program. For example, if you want to change the default web browser, click on the "Web browser" category.
- A list of available programs will appear. Select the program you want to set as the default for that category. If the program you want is not listed, click on the "Choose a default" option to see additional programs.
- After selecting the desired program, close the Settings app.
From now on, any files or actions associated with that category will open with the newly set default program.
Repeat these steps for other categories to change default programs for different file types or actions.