Prescott Valley Strategic Plan
To inspire and sustain a dynamic, innovative, and prosperous community through the combined talents of our citizenry.
We are mindful of and caring for the well-being of individuals and our community.
We hold ourselves to the highest standards of professionalism. We're responsible, honest, and transparent. We do the right thing.
We treat others with dignity. We genuinely welcome differences in people, cultures, ideas, and experiences for a more inclusive workplace.
We honor our commitments and deliver results together. Under any circumstance, we stand up and say, count on me!
Fun is the energizing force to create and innovate, finding new ways to pioneer public services.
Our Focus Areas
High-performing team means how we conduct our business and ourselves through our culture, diversity, communication, delivery, outreach, processes, and values. What we do, how we do it, and who we do it for.
- Achieve an employee engagement score that improves by at least 10% for the next 3 year
- Within 5 years, rank within the upper quartile of the most desirable places to live in Arizona
- Annually maintain or exceed current bond ratings including reviewing all fiscal reserve policies ensuring best practices and opportunities for advanced benchmarking
- Achieve 75% of citizen satisfaction ranking satisfied or highly satisfied with overall Town services
- Expand internship programs within the Town organization by 1500 hours within 5 years
Water Stewardship means responsible planning for and management of sustainable water resources.
- Increase recharge capacity by 800 acre - feet over the next 5 years
- Increase natural recharge through watershed restoration and stormwater management by 25% over the next decade
- Import 100% of needed additional water resources within 10 years
Quality of Life
Quality of Life means enhancing public safety, infrastructure, connectivity, and recreational space and programs the Town maintains for its residents.
- Install and maintain 100% of possible crosswalk connectivity for safe street crossings annually
- Obtain and enhance at least 20% of additional acres of active and passive open space within 5 years
- Improve 20% of the Town’s connectivity infrastructure to include sidewalks, walking & biking paths, and trails within 5 years
Prosperous Community means creating an environment where our residents can thrive for a lifetime via job opportunities, a variety of housing options, and a safe and healthy lifestyle with a diversified and growing economy.
- Increase tourism related activities by 25% in 5 years
- Increase by 5% the number of households earning at or above the median household income within 5 years
- Reduce 10% of property crimes within 3 years
- Reduce police emergency response time by 10 seconds within 3 years
- Expand the incentives available to attainable housing developers within 2 years